For centuries, people have relied on Shea butter to keep their skin young and healthy in all weather conditions. The healing powers of the butter have been legendary. Shea butter gets mentioned in nearly all African historical documents. In Cleopatra’s Egypt, caravans were carrying jars of it solely meant for cosmetic use. Today, Shea butter is fighting wrinkles and making people smoother kissers both near the equator and the poles.
How to use this magic? Let it protect your skin from the environmental damage, against the harsh winds and cold. Allow it to naturally moisturize you (Ah, it’s so perfect for those sore lips and cracked heels!). Got a bit sunburned? we’ve got you covered, literally! Use it for restoring the natural shine of your hair. To use it, rub a small quantity of raw Shea butter in your palm until it melts. And then just apply it to your skin or hair or mix it into your own hand creams, lotions and body butters.
SHEA BUTTER – Food for skin. Fuel for thought. Millions of women across Africa have employment and peace of mind thanks to Shea butter. For the women in rural Ghana, making this luscious moisturizer also counts as their main source of income. These women share a common dream – to send their children and grandchildren to school. This is why we get gigglingly happy about every single client! For each client who chooses FairTaleGhana, more women in the world can live independently.
ETHICAL TRADE – The Beauty of a Balanced Business. Just like you, we believe in fair business where both producers and consumers take home the benefits from their product. How to get there? To start, the butter makers need to begin receiving their fair wages. And this is where you and I come in – we can all start with paying attention to where our Shea butter comes from. This is a simple but powerful step in making sure that those involved receive their fair share.
- OUR RAW UNREFINED NATURAL SHEA BUTTER is available just the way you need it! Both for retail and wholesale purposes.
- UNREFINED SHEA BUTTER HAS SMOKY AND NUTTY AROMA and a golden to light ivory color. The smokiness is an indicator that the Shea butter is unrefined and handmade by hard-working women. Nutty scent and also up to 95% of natural vitamins are removed in refining process in the other grades. Only raw Shea butter has truly retained all its precious skin moisturizing, anti-aging and healing properties.
- THE HEALING POWERS of the raw Shea butter have been legendary! Shea butter is made from the nut of an African Shea tree, it is the miracle treatment for your whole body – dry skin, stretch marks, wrinkles, cracked heels, damaged hair, chapped lips, scars, burns, acne, eczema, psoriasis, hives, rashes, itchy skin, sunscreen (SPF 6), sunburn, age spots, blemishes, shaving irritation, insect bites…the list is endless.
- UNREFINED BUTTER is the most precious form of Shea butter, it goes through the least amount of processing possible, without any heating or deodorizing. It is more than tree high in vitamins A, E and F. It is also lusciously full of good fatty acids. And do you know what’s even better? Our GRADE A Shea butter is 100% natural, fully vegan, cruelty-free and organic. FairTaleGhana’s unrefined West African Shea butter is traditionally handcrafted in Ghana.
- DON’T BUY if you want REFINED, snow white Shea butter without the nutty smell! The color of raw (grade A) butter ranges from cream to grayish yellow. This depends on the nuts used. Due to the fact that our Shea butter is 100% natural, color may vary from batch to batch. This does not in anyway affect the quality of the Shea butter.