Ingrown hairs be gone!
I bought these because after reading several articles about ingrown hairs on legs they said to try a single blade shaver, hence this! It works wonderfully…although I have had to be very careful when shaving, apparently the single blade is incredibly sharp and cuts me up way easier than multi blade ones.
BIC MENS DISP SHVR SENS SOP121 Size: 12X12
- Single Blade
- Sensitive Skin Shaver
- Great Value
Choosing the Right Razor Blade - My Top 3In this video I share with you my top 3, or "go to" razor blades. Choosing a blade can be a time consuming business and there are no rules, regulations or laws. As with most things with traditional shaving, making decisions and preferences are totally subjective. As we say in our hobby YMMV, Your Mileage May Vary.
Obviously performance is critical when deciding what works for you, as is comfort and price.
It's for this reason that I have singled out 3 blades. I could just as easily have looked at 23 or more blades, but one needs to draw the line at some point.
I have used the criteria of cutting performance, comfort and price.
3. The Astra Astra Superior Platinum, for me, these blades are both sharp and smooth to my face and give a nice shave with little to no irritation. If you have sensitive skin as many men do, then these blades are well worth the time and effort. They are very reasonably priced and widely available.
2. The Polsilver Super Iridium. This blade is sharp and super smooth. I really enjoy these blades and can get about 5-6 shaves out of them. They are quite comfortable but are on the expensive side. These blades are made in Russia and distributed through Procter & Gamble, Poland.
1. The Feather Hi Stainless blade. These blades are thought to be the sharpest on the market and some men have stayed away from them because they have been know to produce the odd weeper or nick at times. You either love the Feather or give it a wide berth. These blades work for me and I really love them, however the price is quite prohibitive.
Shaving for most men is a daily occurrence and given that fact, these may not be the first choice for many men understandably due to price.
For that reason I would probably go for a Polsilver or Astra Superior IF you shave daily. Surprised? Don't be remember YMMV. Before I go, I'd like to mention 3 other blades that on any given day could and in my opinion should be given an honourable mention. I use these blades and really rate them
1. Wilkinson Sword blades from Germany offer an outstanding balance of edge quality and comfort. The Wilkinson blade is different from many other blades in that it is coated with a propriety process using chromium, ceramic, and polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE).
2. The BIC Chrome Platinum which is well known for cutting smoothly while being rather forgiving. BIC blades are sharper than most of the blades in its price category, but do not have the extreme sharpness of Feathers. BIC blades are gentle on the skin and benefit many men who are still learning proper technique or who have irritation problems from blades that are too sharp. The BIC is also a good choice for more aggressive razors, such as the Merkur Slant Bar.
3. Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge. These are produced in Russia and are definitely not the same as those that come from India. Very smooth, very sharp, very comfortable....