It’s been 20+ years, but I am back to brush shaving!
I have to say the first time I used the brush and bowl I fell in love with them. I shave in the shower, so it was a little tricky at first. I filled the bowl with hot water, and let the brush soak, while I washed my body. I soaped up my head and faced and rinsed off.
I then took the brush and dipped and swirled it a little into the soap block, to apply soap to the brush. I emptied nearly all the water from the bowl leaving just a touch in, then brush whipped my head of foam in the bowl… It looked YUMMY! 😉 I then applied and shaved.
I have to say, there is a nice difference, between using the brush method vs. applying soap from your hand. I got a better, closer shave. There is something rather cathartic and meditative doing a brush shave.
Spitalfields 100% Pure Premium Badger Bristle with Signature Classic Long Black Handle Barber Shop Shaving Brush – Old Spitalfields
The Old Spitalfields Brush with its soft, over-sized 24mm brush head holds plenty of water to create that fluffy, foamy lather to protect your skin while shaving. When used with a high quality soap or cream, the rich lather will help soften your hair, while the 100% Pure Premium Badger Bristles will help lift your beard away from your skin, creating an excellent shaving experience.
Spitalfields shaving brushes are made of 100% Pure Premium Badger Bristles, and are high quality products at affordable prices. All of the Spitalfields shaving brushes are hand assembled.
• Comes with an over-sized 24mm brush head
• Classic barber shop handle
• Excellent starter brush or an addition to your collection
• Free acrylic brush stand for proper storage and drying
• Housed in an attractive gift box
- 100% Pure Premium Grade Badger Bristle
- Oversized Brush Knot – 24 mm
- Great water retention to generate that foamy, luxurious lather
- Free Acrylic Brush Stand!
- Comes in a Very Nice Gift Box!